So you want to become a drone pilot, or you know someone that wants to become a drone pilot? Have you asked yourself how do I become a drone pilot? And have you been confused by everything that is in the media? We make is really simple to become a drone pilot with our certified drone training course. We will teach you on the latest technology so that you can use technology that soars.
Below are the simple steps to follow to becoming a top level drone pilot:
- Get in contact with us (or enrol now!) and let us know you want to be on the next RPAS Training course in a city near you!
- Download and fill in the ARN application form: CASA ARN Form 1162 (if you need help submitting this one, let us know we are more than happy to help you out);
- Login to our online training portal and start getting familiar with the content and material.
- Come in to our RPAS Training course and meet up with your class mates and your highly experienced instructorsl
- Let FlyFreely submit your application to CASA for your remote pilots license and wait for it in the mail!
Congratulations, you are now one of our successful students on your way to becoming an awesome drone pilot!
It cannot be that simple can it? Well, truth be told, you do need to do some study on your own to ensure that you understand the content, ask questions when you get stuck (in class or after hours) and get the instructors to show you how to perform the more complex manoeuvres. There are also some mental imagery exercises to assist you with controlling the aircraft that the instructors will go over with you that you can do at home in your spare time.
After the course, we will send you some regular updates to see how you are going and some tips on continuing to improve your skills as you become an awesome drone pilot!
Sometimes there is a Step 6, this step is for when you are ready to start operating, and doing more complex operations, this is where you join our FlyFreely system as well as start doing additional specialised RPAS Training to become an even better drone pilot.